Monday, 21 December 2009

Chinese Mini Mart - Market Way, Coventry

 I noticed recently that a new Chinese supermarket had opened in Coventry City Centre and today I actually had time to go in, now that I'm off work for Christmas (hurrah!). It really is a fantastic little shop, stocking a really good range of stuff in quite a small space.

I nearly bought some quail's eggs. I didn't, because I don't need to, but I think I'm going to have to think of an excuse to need them so I can buy some.

They sell small bunches of beansprouts for 25p or larger ones for 50p, which beats the supermarket and I find the supermarket packets far too big and always end up throwing some out. I also spied some giant bottles of soy sauce for £1.50 and if I wasn't walking home, I would have bought some.

I don't normally buy ready-prepared sauces anymore, but I did buy some sukiyaki sauce for dinner tonight, because it sounded good and thought it would be interesting to try.

The staff are really friendly and helpful. If you live locally and like oriental food, it is definitely worth checking out (the shop is located next to Blue Banana and opposite Tesco Express on Market Way).

2 comments:

  1. It's always great to discover a new local place to shop. Sounds like you mght have found yourself a gem. Thanks for sharing.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was seriously excited about it!

    Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete