Sunday, 13 December 2009

Victorian Christmas shopping at Kendall's of Earlsdon

We went along to Earlsdon Street on Thursday evening for late night Victorian Christmas Shopping hosted by Kendall's of Earlsdon. It was very festive and really started to get us in the Christmassy mood! We stopped in a few gift shops and I bought a present for my mum (it was wonderful to see some people dressed up as well; I was boring and went in my jeans!). Of course we had a look in Kendall's, which was fab! They had a brass band outside, were giving out free mulled wine and small samples of Christmas cake and plum pudding. I bought a few items: some panforte, some stollen and some Warwickshire Truckle cheese with black cracked pepper.



Unfortunately, I did not get a picture of the cheese, as I only bought a small piece and, um, well, there's not much left now.

I was really impressed by the range of local and continental produce at Kendall's - I think I'm going to have the best foodie Christmas yet!

Late night Victorian Christmas shopping is being held again next Thursday (17th December) from 5.30pm - 8.30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment