Sunday, 28 March 2010

Plum Crumble

A short while ago in my post about Nigel Slater, I said that although I had a copy of his Real Fast Puddings, I had never made anything from it.

Well, today I rectified this and made plum crumble. I got some plums in my fruit and veg box this week, and I'm not really a huge fan of eating plums raw, so I decided to do something with them and this is the result.

I had less than half the plums required for the recipe, so I halved the ingredients for the crumble. I'm not sure if I could have done with making more of the crumble mixture or indeed using a smaller baking dish (although I haven't actually got one smaller), but, nevertheless, I think my first crumble has turned out quite well! Although the crumble takes 35 minutes to bake in the oven, it was very quick and easy to prepare - it took me about 10 minutes! If I had known how easy crumble was I would have made it a long time ago!

We have not eaten it yet as it's for later, but I have had a quick taste and it is sharp, but sweet and quite sticky and lovely. I'm not sure if it is a little too sharp and whether I have used enough sugar and whether the plums were ripe enough (although they seemed pretty soft), but I'm sure I'd happily scoff the lot anyway!

3 comments:

  1. That looks gorgeous, I love plums and I love crumble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried plum crumble yet but this looks like a perfect dessert for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was absolutely delicious. I ate far too much of it!

    ReplyDelete