Sunday, 4 April 2010

Happy Easter and an award!

First of all, Happy Easter, everyone! However you celebrate it and whatever you are doing today, I hope you have a wonderful day.

Secondly, I've been passed an award by Luigi of Luigi's Tastes of Italy. I'm glad that he enjoys my blog and in the spirit of the award, I thought I'd pass it on to highlight some of the blogs that I enjoy too.


The Sunshine Award is given to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspire others in the blog world. Here are the "rules":
* Put the logo on your blog or within your post.  Pass the award on to as many as 12 bloggers.
    * Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog
    * Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.
    * Link to the nominees within your post.

Like Luigi, I don't think I will comment on people's blogs: I'm just going to use this award to write briefly about the blogs which inspire me. I know I've done a similar thing before, but I've started following some new blogs since then, so it's always good to update! So, here they are, in no particular order.

1. A Taste of Savoie
Sarah who writes this blog is currently attending the Cordon Bleu School of Cookery in France. A fascinating read!

2. Butcher, Baker
Butcher, Baker are a husband and wife team writing about fantastic, delicious-looking food. The most recent update about how to make your own cheese press is inspired!

3. Chocolate Log Blog
For all things chocolate, you won't find a better blog than this!

4. Comida Y Vida
I am including this one in the hope it will encourage Louise to write more in it! Louise has a passion for Spanish food and is a fellow West Midlands-based blogger.

5. Farmersgirl Kitchen
A wide variety of recipes and updates about the development of Janice's brand new kitchen.

6. Horror Kitchen
One of the funniest food blogs I've ever had the pleasure of reading. Documents kitchen genius as well as kitchen disasters, with some inspired ingredient combinations along the way.

7. In the Kitchen, etc.
By Jen, an American blogger. I love reading and learning about the differences between British and American food culture!

8. Jam and Clotted Cream
Great recipes and info about local food events in Cornwall. Makes me wish I lived in the West Country!

9. Jo's Kitchen
Jo is a fellow Midlands-based blogger who is doing a stellar job promoting food bloggers in the Midlands. A wide variety of scrummy recipes on this blog.

10. Norfolk Kitchen
I love following Tracey's adventures in allotment growing. I lived in Norfolk for a time and this blog makes me pine for the flatlands!

11. Serenely Full
An amusing collection of recipes, observations, pictures and video. Love the MasterChef innuendoes!

12. The London Vegetable Garden
Helped inspire me to start my own balcony garden. Well worth checking out if you like to grow your own.

13. Where's My Pork Chop?
A unique take on a food blog, where Food Urchin asks other food bloggers to cook him food, he eats it then writes about it. A witty and interesting blog.

14. Loaf Online
Great information about local food in the Birmingham area and also home of the Loaf Cookery School.

I realise that is more than 12... Also, don't forget to check out Luigi's Tastes of Italy - his blog is great if you like authentic Italian food!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! I'm always on the look out for new food blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an honor to be mentioned! Thank you. I must get started on my list.

    ReplyDelete