Monday, 5 April 2010

Mini Egg Tiffin


When I saw that Jam and Clotted Cream had posted a recipe for this Mini Egg Tiffin (originally posted by Butcher, Baker), I knew I had to make it this weekend, especially as it's a "no-bake" recipe and my fiancé absolutely loves Mini Eggs. Fortunately they still had some left in Sainsbury's this morning.

It was the first time I've ever broken digestive biscuits using a rolling pin to use in a recipe, and it felt a little like a rite of passage. Crushing mini eggs with the rolling pin was fun too, although this distressed my fiancé who felt I was "destroying" the mini eggs. He agreed that it was worth it in the end though.

As you can see, mine does not look that neat, but it was very yummy all the same! In fact, it is quite rich and not a good idea to eat too much in one go.

Follow the links above for the recipe. And try not to eat too much and make yourselves sick. You have been warned!

3 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. I had a quick scan over the ingredients and decided that it's definitely a recipe to bookmark. Maybe I'll make it next year, if I can wait that long. I'm certain I can't.

    Thanks for the award on the previous post. How lovely! I'll get a post up soon.

    I'm loving the new look of your blog, by the way.

    Oh, I signed up for free seeds after you made that post a while back and they arrived the other day. So exciting!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the new look: it's a result of messing about with that new Blogger Draft thing.

    Yay, my free arrived recently too! Watching plants grow from seed is ridiculously exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could make mini egg tiffin-delicious!

    ReplyDelete