Friday, 19 November 2010

Sausage and Bean Stew

I've really been enjoying the second series of Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers. His passion for creating delicious meals is really inspiring and shows just how much you can do with a few simple ingredients. Although, he did upset me this week by putting raisins in a curry, but I am willing to overlook this blatant wrongness.

Last week I decided to make Sausage and Bean Stew from the 'Making Things go Further' episode, and it really is a cheap-to-make, yet hearty and scrumptious recipe.


The stew turned a gorgeous shade of crimson as colour from the tomatoes and chorizo blended together.

I adapted the recipe for 2, but I think this meal would be brilliant when you are cooking for a large number of people. I definitely plan to cook this again!

5 comments:

  1. Mm, that would be perfect on a cold, foggy night like tonight. It looks gorgeous.

    By the way, in total agreement about the raisins. The bit that really got me though was pouring that soupy vegetable thing over the bread. All that soggy bread in the bottom of the bowl. No no no. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and the spice from the chorizo and the dried chilli make it a real winter warmer!

    Glad you agree about the raisins. Clearly even geniuses like Nigel have their blind spots! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really a hearty meal. It is perfect for a cold winter weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely stew there.... oh and I love raisins in a curry... so sweet with the spices... delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raisins in curry really seems to divide people!

    ReplyDelete