Friday, 4 March 2011

Product review: Hotel Chocolat Happy Egg & Tiddly Pot

Thanks to Jam and Cream PR, this week I received my first ever foodie product to review courtesy of Hotel Chocolat.

The product I was sent was the Happy Egg and Tiddly Pot from their fabulous-looking range of Easter eggs. This particularly Easter egg is supposedly aimed at children, although it does acknowledge on the packaging that it is also for those of us adults who are still children at heart.

I suppose it is a good size for a child - it was a lot smaller than I was expecting when I received it! Here is a picture of it next to a wine glass for scale:


And here it is in my hand.

I ate the entire Easter egg in about 5 minutes while my fiancé was out the room so I didn't have to share any. When my fiancé returned, he said, "You appear to have inhaled the egg." It was good, though. I really like Hotel Chocolat's 40% milk chocolate - it is pretty chocolatey, but still pretty milky - a nice smooth balance!

My favourite part of this Easter egg, though, was the tiddly pot:


This was filled with solid milk chocolate chicks and bunnies. Now, these I did share with my fiancé who really liked them too and was impressed that they weren't hollow. And that's what made them preferable to me than the egg, because they were good solid chunks of chocolate to get your teeth into. Also, nibbling on one or two at a time was enough and I was able to enjoy these over a few days. I did feel I needed to give them a thorough testing before writing this review, though.


Oh, dear, all gone! :(

This Easter egg perhaps seems a bit pricey at £7 a pop compared to most Easter eggs, but it really is good quality chocolate and I'd rather have a smaller egg like this that tastes much better than one of the more widely-sold larger and cheaper ones. 

Now, I'll just sit and hope someone buys me this for Easter...

Disclaimer: I was sent this product for free for review purposes. I was not required to write a positive review, and all views are of course my own.

2 comments:

  1. Aw I like the smiley face on the egg! Such hard work testing the chocolate but someones gotta do it.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete