Sunday, 22 January 2012

Allotment update - week 1

We spent a good few hours at the allotment this weekend. With help from a friend, we got rid of most of the rest of the rubbish to the tip. I also picked up more rotten potatoes than I care to think about, and we started doing some weeding.

Remember what the allotment looked like last week? Here's a reminder:


And here's me working in the allotment this week:
Don't you love my super glam 'allotment clothes'?

I hope you can see the improvement. We have yet to move all that gravel on the paved area (no idea why it was all left there - at least it is something we can use!), and we are going to get some slabs for the path.

My muscles hurt and I am tired, but I find working on the allotment thoroughly enjoyable. And it is much cheaper than going to the gym!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats. An allotment is hard work, for sure. I think working out of doors helps us to live longer and happier lives - once we get past the first couple of weeks of soreness. And I do love your allotment clothes - I am impressed that you are wearing white. You should definitely photograph your shirt after a couple of weeks working in the dirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's more of a 'beige' colour. It's an old zip up cardigan. The key word there being 'old', so I don't much mind if it gets covered in dirt!

      Delete
  2. It is hard work at the mo isn't it, lots of hot baths being taken in this household to ease achey backs! Not long to go before we're all flouncing around in floaty dresses picking salady bits into wicker baskets (that is what I always picture me doing when things are in full grow mode, but more often than not I'm racing in the polytunnel to get out of the rain and rushing back to get tea on the table!) Note to self; more flouncing needed this year...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a look at your blog and your piece of land is so beautiful! And chickens! How lovely. :)

      Delete