Thursday, 5 January 2012

Leftovers

I'm doing my best to put my New Year goals into action. I did a roast leg of pork on Wednesday evening (I like to break with tradition and cook my roast dinners midweek) and there was loads leftover. So, tonight I sliced up some of the pork and stir-fried it with some peppers, served it with some noodles and some crunchy lettuce and sprinkled it liberally with soy sauce.


Had a bit of an epiphany this evening as well, that I don't need to make culinary masterpieces or use fancy recipes EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. This dish would not win any points on MasterChef, but it was porky and noodly and soy-saucy, and it filled a hole.

Also, I get extra non-wasteage points for getting the lettuce from the bargain bin in Sainsbury's on the way home from work - no doubt, that would have gone in the bin if it hadn't been sold.

And I still have more leftover pork, and I bet the rest of the lettuce will still be good for sandwiches tomorrow even though the use-by date is today.

No comments:

Post a Comment