Tuesday, 24 January 2012

River Cottage Rocks - Chickpea ketchup curry

I don't normally take part in blog challenges - mostly because I don't often have the time to cook things that I wasn't already planning on cooking. However, the River Cottage Rocks blog challenge hosted by Jo's Kitchen is one that I could fit around my lifestyle - particularly as this month's theme is 'Everyday Easy'.

I have actually been catching up on the River Cottage Veg shows that aired at the end of last year on 4 on Demand. I have been inspired to cook more meat-free dishes again, now that I have more energy. So, I decided to cook Chickpea Ketchup Curry. It uses store-cupboard ingredients and is quick and easy to prepare - perfect for midweek!

First of all, my picture looks NOTHING like the picture on the website, even though I followed the recipe:

Yeah, I'm not that neat when it comes to chopping onions.

This was quite tasty, although I found it a little too sweet. I did find that the flavour grew on me as I ate, though. The spice is quite subtle and next time I would add a few more chilli flakes to give it bigger kick. It was very easy to make, although I have to wonder how healthy it really was given that the sauce is mostly ketchup (unless you made your own ketchup, in which case, I applaud you).

I also discovered this groovy thing I could do with my camera while zooming in or out while using a slow shutter-speed:

Far out, man!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking part Charlene. It looks fantastic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problems, Jo. As I mentioned, this is a blog challenge I can really get behind!

    ReplyDelete