Friday, 1 June 2012

The Wedding

I promised a more detailed post about the wedding, so here it is, with a slight emphasis on food. Credit to Fierce Photography for the beautiful photos.

Preparations began in my flat. The theme of my wedding was Spring, and my choice of dress reflected this with flower themed lace.

My dress was from The Bridal Gallery in Coventry.


My beautiful bouquet containing gerberers, roses and agapanthus was put together by my husband's cousin, Helen. She's an engineer who likes to engineer flowers into nice arrangements in her spare time.


My transport to the wedding venue was a 1953 Chevrolet BelAir Club Coupe, courtesy of Classic American Wedding Cars:


The harpist, Jemima Phillips, played us in:


And then there was ring-exchanging:



And kissing...


And then finally, on to the start of the food! There were canapes and bubbly (we opted for prosecco, as I prefer it to champagne), while speeches were done:


I can't even remember what kind of canapes we had. I didn't get a chance to eat very many of them. All our catering was done by the venue, Stoneleigh Park; although we provided the prosecco and wine for the tables in the evening, which we purchased from Naked Wines.

And then a short while later there was afternoon tea, complete with Pimm's:


While our guests enjoyed the beautiful decorations, which had been put together with such loving care by our friends Kerry and Febs:


And then it was time for some evening entertainment provided by duo Spring and Pemberton...

...before the cutting of the cake - cake made by Kathy of Kathy's Cupcakes and More - bottom layer chocolate, middle layer lemon sponge and top layer fruit cake.


Along with dairy-free and gluten-free cupcakes:


And then there was more food in the form of a three-meat carvery accompanied by a hearty buffet of spring rolls, sausage rolls, salads, etc. (Again, I didn't get the chance to eat much of it being the bride, but what I did have was delicious. And HUGE.)

The end...

9 comments:

  1. Such a lovely wedding. Congratulations again! You look beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was pleased how all the elements of the wedding came together so nicely1

      Delete
  2. so, completely beautiful Charlene, you look so happy and so pretty... love the cake and I think the option of doing gluten free matching cupcakes is genius... hearty congrats to all xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! I wanted to make sure the couple of guests I had who were gluten intolerant wouldn't feel left out.

      Delete
  3. Love the photo of your hands, congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like that photo too. :) Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Looks like a lovely day. I love the cake and flowers, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pictures - such a great wedding and a beautiful cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenna! The cake tasted amazing too! :)

      Delete