Sunday, 14 April 2013

My Garden

Two months ago, I moved house. I've not really written about this yet, because as it turns out moving house takes up a lot of your time. I don't mean physically moving all your stuff, but usually when you move into a new property, you have to buy a bunch of stuff and a bunch of stuff usually needs doing.

I have moved from a flat to a house with a garden, so finally have the garden I have always craved. It's not massive but big enough to do some growing, and already has some well-established trees and plants.

Here is our garden when we first moved in:

 It was bushy.


I decided to have some raised beds put in for vegetable-growing. And as both my husband and I are rubbish at DIY, we got someone in to make them for us, and to do some other general maintenance tasks while they were there. This is the result:


I also have a decent-sized patio, so plenty of space for some pots. I've been to the garden centre this weekend and managed to get out and do a couple of hours of gardening today, so things will soon be starting to grow!


2 comments:

  1. what an amazing few months it's been for you... starting your own garden is so exciting and doing it now, just as Spring is really kicking in is so rewarding... but you should really get out there and get stuck in, just put loads and loads in and don't be afraid of getting it wrong... you will not believe how incredible your garden will look by the end of the summer... so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to get out there as much as possible, and fingers crossed the weather will be a bit better now! :)

      Delete