Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Visit to Poulton Lodge, Wiltshire

Apparently, I am severely behind on my blogging. I've been meaning to blog about my trip to Wiltshire which happened in March, since... well, since it happened, but apparently this has not occurred. Still, better late than never!

Back in March my husband and I went on a short break with my sister-in-law and her husband to Marlborough in Wiltshire. We stayed in a lodge on a farm called Poulton Lodge. It was very cosy.


Which was good, because it snowed while we were there.


We had a fun holiday exploring the surrounding area, including Stonehenge and Longleat Safari Park, and had some fabulous pub meals.

We also had the opportunity to watch the sheep on the farm being fed. This happened indoors due to the unseasonably cold weather.

There were no lambs at the time, but there were some heavily pregnant sheep.

I found spending some time chatting to farmers James and Deborah very interesting and educational. It is always a good thing to know where your food comes from and seeing the farm gave me a good insight into that. It also brought home to me the hard work that goes into being a farmer and how at the mercy of the weather the industry is.

If you ever fancy staying in a wooden lodge on a farm, I highly recommend this one!

2 comments:

  1. Monkey nipples and tiger balls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment probably looks really weird to people who don't know the context!

      Delete