Monday, 30 September 2013

Recipe: Fruit Smoothie - The Immuniser from Loveshake

Recently I was sent a recipe to try from Loveshake, a smoothies and thickshakes bar located in West Orchards Shopping Centre, Coventry.

The recipe is for a smoothie called 'The Immuniser', designed to stave off winter colds with a blend of fruit rich in vitamin C. Given that I woke up this weekend just gone with a sore throat, I thought it might be a good time to give the recipe a try.

The trick is to use equal parts of strawberry, kiwi and pineapple, and then top up with apple juice. I used the following amounts, which made about 2 glasses:

160g Strawberries
160g Kiwi fruits
160g Pineapple
250ml fresh apple juice

Stick it all in a bowl/blender and blend!

Loveshake use frozen fruit in their smoothies in order to give a crushed ice texture, but I hadn't been that organised. The smoothie was still very tasty, however, and it made me feel very healthy! It was also surprisingly easy to make (although the fruit was a bit expensive to buy) - I had never made a smoothie before and I wasn't sure how well it would work given that I only have a stick blender, but it actually turned out pretty well. I only found one small lump of fruit in my drink, so I will chalk that up as a win.

For those local to Coventry, you can pick up the Immuniser smoothie when you're out and about doing your shopping from Loveshake at West Orchards for only £2.70 (12 oz.).

1 comment: