This recipe is a variation on the baked bean recipe that I blogged about a while ago here. And this time I decided to serve it with a jacket potato, which made a simple and hearty meal.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 - 35 minutes (for the beans - jacket potatoes will of course take longer!)
1 tsp rapeseed oil
1 stick of celery, finely sliced
1 carrot, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 heaped tsp smoked paprika
1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 400g tin borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil over a medium heat and fry the celery and carrot for 5-10 minutes until they are starting to soften.
2. Add the garlic and cook for a few more minutes.
3. Add the smoked paprika and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
4. Add the tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add the beans and simmer for a further 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve with jacket potatoes.