|Tastes better than it looks in this photo...|
Prep. time: 10-15 mins
Cooking time: 35-40 mins
1 tbsp oil
1 onion, chopped
1 medium aubergine, cut into chunks
1 green pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
4 tomatoes, chopped
1 heaped tbsp medium curry powder
450ml vegetable stock
100g dried split red lentils
Chopped fresh or frozen coriander
1. Heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the aubergine and pepper and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes until the aubergine has browned and is starting to soften.
3. Add the tomatoes and and cook for a further 5-10 minutes until the tomato has started to break down and release its juice. Add the curry powder and stir. Cook for a further 1 minute.
4. Add the stock and the lentils. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the lentils are soft. Stir frequently and top up with water if necessary.
5. Add the coriander towards the end of cooking time and stir in.
Serve with rice and/or naan bread.