Sunday, 3 January 2016

Sunday 3rd January: Guinea fowl with mustard & lemon roots

Today we took the decorations down, wrangled the fake Christmas tree back into its box and tried to come to terms with the fact that we have to go back to work tomorrow after a delicious two-week break.

I'm making an effort to eat less processed meat, so I decided to make use of the season's produce and roast a guinea fowl along with some seasonal veggies - the idea being that leftovers could be used for packed lunches during the week. I used this recipe from BBC Good Food as a template, but I added parsnips, left off the bacon and used less oil (about half a tbsp). Grain mustard is a staple in our cupboard/fridge now after discovering that we really like it in sandwiches, as well as it being a very versatile ingredient in cooking.



I would normally parboil roast potatoes, but out of sheer laziness I followed the recipe and just added them raw to the tray with the rest of the vegetables, which made it a very easy-to-prepare roast with little washing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment