Saturday, 19 March 2016

Monday 14th March: Laham bil Bamia

Monday was an annual leave day from work, so I decided to do some slow cooking in the evening. Laham bil Bamia (lamb and okra stew) is my favourite dish at my favourite Lebanese restaurant, Aqua, and I decided to have a go at making it at home.

I used this recipe, and pretty much followed it except that I wasn't paying attention and managed to put beef stock instead of lamb stock into it. D'oh! I also didn't realise that I didn't have any ground coriander until I had already started making it. I've not been doing too well on the old planning front lately. Anyway, despite all that, it turned out pretty well. It's a great way to serve okra, and with a couple of hours cooking you get meltingly tender lamb. It wasn't quite up to the restaurant's standards, but it was a good effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment