Wednesday, 9 March 2016

Monday 7th March: Super quick and easy tofu stir fry

On Monday I made a quick stir fry, using up some ingredients that I had. Plus I cheated and bought one of those bags of stir fry veg from the supermarket (although I added a few things to it). But really you could use any combination of veg for this recipe. It's a very simple recipe, but this is the reality of stuff that I cook! Most of it isn't very grand or complicated.



Serves two

Ingredients
1 tsp oil
150g mushrooms, sliced
200g marinated tofu (I used Dragonfly), cut into cubes
300g mixed vegetable stir fry bag
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 tsp Chinese five spice
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce

Method
Heat the oil in a wok, over a medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes. Add the tofu, mixed vegetables and garlic, and cook for a few minutes more. Add the five spice, and stir. Then add the soy sauce, stir well and cook for another couple of minutes, until everything is cooked through, but the vegetables still have some crunch

Serve with rice or noodles (I added my rice in at the end of cooking).

Some fresh ginger would work well with this recipe too - I just didn't have any in!


No comments:

Post a Comment